March 31, 2020: Brawling Sibling Ramification, Cabin Fever, Toilet Paper as Supply Chain -
Went a few blocks from home yesterday, saw a number of police cars, WAY more than usual in just a few blocks.
Zero sirens.
But a strange concentration of silent police cars on a very quiet, seemingly very peaceful, sunny afternoon in our leafy enclave.
Hmmm. What could be up?
To my knowledge, neither governor nor mayor has said police will be cracking down on innocent civilians who are out for a walk.
(Report: Almost all the folks I spotted were either families or twosomes. Only one non-family threesome spotted by me. HOW did I know they weren't family, you ask? Three women of the same age power-walking side by side, and chatting like they hadn't had a chance to chat in days? I dunno. It was a guess.)
Hmmm....
Had a Zoom happy hour with local besties, brought up this odd occurrence of the police cars. One of the besties said the police had been in her neighborhood earlier in the afternoon. They had been called to break up two adult brawling brothers, who had taken their conflict out to the yard or the sidewalk or something.
Yes, I have read the reports of increased domestic violence, and I know, they are awful to contemplate. I'm sure it wasn't funny, but something slightly cartoonish in the vision of two grownass adult brawling brothers bursting out of the house tickled me, just a little bit. I have since gotten over the slightly amused reaction, but I had it for a minute.
Also, unrelated: Some expert type who was trying to do a "silver lining" take on the crisis said that events had brought to light weaknesses in our supply chain, which we could now fix!
Hooray! At last, a chance to strengthen the supply chain!
So first, I am not tolerating "silver linings" very well. But more importantly, this guy's example of weaknesses in the supply chain was that we are low on toilet paper.
I do not believe that is purely a supply chain problem.
I really don't.
Comments
Post a Comment