April 28, 2020: Strong Posthumous Moral Compass, Hard No -
My mom, who has been dead since January, 2018, got a letter from the President yesterday, telling her that her $1,200 was on its way.
I just want to let it be known that my mom cannot be bought, dead or alive. My mom won't be voting for Trump even if I have to not-drive her urn to the non-polling-place (Oregon votes by mail) all by myself. She says no. (We've covered this, I realize - no was her default stance for her last many years. But she really means NO, this time.)
I'd also like to add that her last name was never "Decd." She was born an Edmonds and died a Scher. That Decd indicates she is deceased.
While we are saying NO....
No, you can't have her check. Because they have promised to direct deposit it in an account that no longer exists. Also because I said No. (That was fun. I see why she liked doing it.) If it somehow shows up, I will get very expensive legal advice about what to do with it and if possible I will give it to a cause that is not aligned with Mr. Trump in any way.
And also no, Rick and I have received neither checks nor notes from the White House about those checks. Possibly because neither of us is Decd! Today! Yet!
I just want to let it be known that my mom cannot be bought, dead or alive. My mom won't be voting for Trump even if I have to not-drive her urn to the non-polling-place (Oregon votes by mail) all by myself. She says no. (We've covered this, I realize - no was her default stance for her last many years. But she really means NO, this time.)
I'd also like to add that her last name was never "Decd." She was born an Edmonds and died a Scher. That Decd indicates she is deceased.
While we are saying NO....
No, you can't have her check. Because they have promised to direct deposit it in an account that no longer exists. Also because I said No. (That was fun. I see why she liked doing it.) If it somehow shows up, I will get very expensive legal advice about what to do with it and if possible I will give it to a cause that is not aligned with Mr. Trump in any way.
And also no, Rick and I have received neither checks nor notes from the White House about those checks. Possibly because neither of us is Decd! Today! Yet!

Comments
Post a Comment