April 4, 2020: Good Idea, Bad Idea –
For thirty years, I had two avocations. My day job was in
the book business, and my other job was choreographing high school musicals. No,
it’s true. I had danced since I was four (thank you, Mom and Dad), and I had taught
dance for pin money, and when I got the chance to choreograph a show, I leapt
at it. The gig was basically a dream come true, and somehow, when it ended,
social media came along so that I could keep tabs on many of my kids (now not
kids, but always mine). They’ve gone on to all sorts of things, and generally
made the world a better place, and I feel lucky to know them.
(If you click on the word "Voiceover," it will take you to the video.)
So here is my friend, James David Larson, from his
closet. (I seem to be seeing a lot of
videos from peoples’ closets, also a fair number from the insides of cars.
James is a working actor. The video is about voiceover work.
It’s timely: voiceovers are already a form of social distancing! It’s informative:
who knew you could audition at “Pay to play” sites online? And it is funny.
Getting into
Voiceover!(If you click on the word "Voiceover," it will take you to the video.)
That was the good idea.
Today’s bad idea, which I will just dismiss for you
outright. I saw a link and I did not
even click on it, because I knew the answer! Should you clean your phone with
hydrochloric acid?
Nope.

Now you tell me
ReplyDelete