Sometimes I go straight from my own subconscious, and sometimes I search around for inspiration in various paintings or photos, and then modify as I choose. The person I used to get me started on this one was in one of those pre-Raphaelite paintings, so I don't know if she was just wearing a particularly lusciously draped headpiece, or if she was some sort of mythic figure, or a Tennysonian Lady of Shalott, or a Robin-hood-era feral nun, or what. She wasn't lavender or masked or perhaps from the Middle East, so we ended up a good ways from the inspiration. And this one is a big favorite of mine, too.
My favorite so far. (It almost looks like a nun!)
ReplyDeleteSometimes I go straight from my own subconscious, and sometimes I search around for inspiration in various paintings or photos, and then modify as I choose. The person I used to get me started on this one was in one of those pre-Raphaelite paintings, so I don't know if she was just wearing a particularly lusciously draped headpiece, or if she was some sort of mythic figure, or a Tennysonian Lady of Shalott, or a Robin-hood-era feral nun, or what. She wasn't lavender or masked or perhaps from the Middle East, so we ended up a good ways from the inspiration. And this one is a big favorite of mine, too.
Delete