April 1, 2020: Counterpane Update -
I am blessed with a host of amazing friends, one of whom rememberd this from her childhood.
Goes with the Counterpane entry, SO WELL.
The Land of Counterpane
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
When I was sick and lay a-bed,
I had two pillows at my head,
And all my toys beside me lay,
To keep me happy all the day.
I had two pillows at my head,
And all my toys beside me lay,
To keep me happy all the day.
And sometimes for an hour or so
I watched my leaden soldiers go,
With different uniforms and drills,
Among the bed-clothes, through the hills;
I watched my leaden soldiers go,
With different uniforms and drills,
Among the bed-clothes, through the hills;
And sometimes sent my ships in fleets
All up and down among the sheets;
Or brought my trees and houses out,
And planted cities all about.
All up and down among the sheets;
Or brought my trees and houses out,
And planted cities all about.
I was the giant great and still
That sits upon the pillow-hill,
And sees before him, dale and plain,
The pleasant land of counterpane.
That sits upon the pillow-hill,
And sees before him, dale and plain,
The pleasant land of counterpane.
Comments
Post a Comment