May 16, 2020: Full Groundhog Achieved! -
(Once upon a time, it was just a question of seeing a shadow and predicting how long until spring, but post-movie, it's all about being stuck in a loop, repeating the same thing over and over, despite trying to change the variables. I happen to like the movie, though I've looked at it differently ever since a friend said it made her cry because it was so much like her first marriage.)
My (deceased) mom got a SECOND letter from Trump, assuring her that her Economic Impact check is on its way. YES, I sent back the first check already, with a pretty snotty little note (but they ASKED us to explain why we were sending it back).
No, I did not send it back because I am noble - I sent it back because the tax lady said I had to, and I do what the tax lady says. I am envious of my buddy who spent yesterday giving hers away like Santa in May - Navajo Hunger Relief! Immigrant Workers Fund! Oooh, I wanted to be like her. But we have not received any Economic Impact checks (Mom, 2; Us, zero), and the tax lady says not to hold our breath.

My main take-away here is your handwriting has not changed in 30 years. Mine has deteriorated to the point that I myself frequently need a Rosetta Stone of some sort to figure out what I wrote.
ReplyDeleteA lot of people consider "Groundhog Day" to be Bill Murray's best film. I haven't seen it since it came out, but I remembered liking it. It makes me sad because I think that's the film where Murray was going through some personal stuff and (I'll PG this your your family blog) was being a giant butt to everyone, including his close friend, the director Harold Ramis, to the point that they basically never spoke to each other again after this film until, I think, Murray's brother told BM that R was dying and you had better call him. Which, to his credit, Bill Murray did do. Such a waste.
Long estrangements can really suck....
Delete... major props to those who end them!
Delete