May 13, 2020: You Can't Make Me, But -

There didn't appear to be anyone around. I could have ignored the sign. But there might have been a camera, and I might have been recorded ignoring the sign, which would show a certain lack of good sportsmanship, or even a missing sense of humor. Not that my sense of humor was in full flower at that very second, but .... anyway I performed a silly walk for 40 feet. Really quite silly, if you ask my opinion. 



And when I was done, some invisible person began clapping. Let me just say that, for a performing arts person, it was a moment of bliss. Applause is applause. 

Comments

  1. This was on the news! Someone IS recording it, if it's the same one we saw on the news a week or so ago. I have no idea what nextdoor is.

    What was your silly walk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it could best be described as a "sideways squat-gallop," facing away from the camera, if in fact there is a camera and it was somewhere up near the silently applauding person.

      Delete
  2. https://www.instagram.com/portland.silly.walks/

    Your place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, interesting. It's a thing! That apparently happened in Hillsdale, cute little much-more-suburban ranch-house-style townlet on the West side of the river. Mine is here in Ladd's Addition, big old bungalows and towering elm trees, on the East Side. I bet they are all over.... Maybe I'll be famous NEXT week....

      Delete

Post a Comment