May 2, 2020: Updates, More of the Same -
You may be wondering what ever happened with my (dead) mother's Economic Impact check. Answer: It arrived yesterday, while we were out on our drive.
But that's not all!
We also received a second check, for somebody in the neighborhood named "Dagny."
I plan to deliver Dagny's check today, which will allow me to meet somebody named Dagny, for the first time. There's a gift in the garbage - meeting a Dagny! (I believe I have met a Dagne, but that's not the same thing at all.)
(This is not me complaining about the Post Office. I love the Post Office. Don't even get me started. Everybody makes mistakes, and I got some mail for a neighbor. No big deal. Now I get to meet a Dagny. Or at least now I will know where she lives.)
Second update: The gift in the garbage! The chocolate eclair in the kitchen refuse bin!
Thank you to what Dave Barry always called "alert reader" Glaven, who sent in this link about gifts in the garbage, aka the kitchen refuse bin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOCGwm-hmd8
I hadn't seen this one before. It's pretty much perfect.
Third update: Getting the hell out of Dodge for a day!
Sadly (stance adverbial, for those of you following along), yesterday's drive did not cure all of my psychic ills. I am not less restless or less tetchy. I am not transformed into better person. Rick says this was never going to happen as the result of one drive.
I say, Oh, now you tell me.

Gift in the garbage...and they try to say "Seinfeld" was about nothing. Bh, say I!
ReplyDeleteSometimes a drive *can* be a good tonic. Not always. But sometimes. Maybe you should take up biking? But the weather has to be nice. Biking, for me, is better than a drive.