January 23, 2021: The Contact Us Page is Back!

Very, very early in the last administration, the White House "Contact Us" page vanished. I had used it a couple of times to contact the President (or, okay, to contact whoever has to read those emails), and then it went away.  But it's back!

I just sent a message, a bundle of Congratulations plus Here's Something I Would Like You to Do, Please. That was so much fun! After the "Contact Us" link disappeared, I took to writing letters, thereby keeping the Post Office healthy (I didn't know the PO would soon be attacked). But sending off an email has its charms. Try it! You'll see!

Four years ago, the "Contact Us" page also had a place you could submit or sign petitions. It was a hoot, and also, probably, pretty pointless. Some petitions had thousands of signatures (to what end?), and some had one. Some of the least-popular were duplicates - you got the feeling that there were three lonely souls out there who really needed to meet each other. I scrolled through the petitions a few times, enjoying the  grab bag of citizen yearnings. Some petitions addressed deep social injustices, and some promoted your basic tinfoil hat ideas, and some were along the lines of "Change the National Gemstone, NOW!" It was endearing, in its own, strange American way.

OKAY. Time's up. What's the national gemstone? Fifty points if you get it right!

...

....

.....

Tourmaline. You're welcome. I'm fine with it, myself. That wasn't what I asked Biden to change. It's between me and him.

Oh my gosh, they just emailed me back a Thank-You. I know, it's no more than the electric company does when you make an online payment, but still! 


Comments

Post a Comment