June 24, 2020 - Looking Back, Toilet Paper Edition
I was thinking back to the earliest days of the pandemic in Oregon, and what we were worried about, and I realized:
We never ran out of toilet paper.
I mean, WE never did, and I am guesssing you didn't either.
Safeway ran out, when there was the big hoarding scare, and I believe the hardware store ran out (they are tiny and usually carry about a dozen rolls, tops), but there was always toilet paper somewhere - 7-11, or a friend had an extra roll, or something.
I personally know of only one human who admitted to running out of toilet paper, and I know of her bcause she got on NextDoor and threw a fit about it, (she is elderly and doesn't drive, and for some reason her equally elderly husband was biking around in the snow trying to find a store with toilet paper - it was back in March) and within an hour, she was back on NextDoor thanking all her neighbors for coming through. She lives in my funny little area of town, and she is one of those people who gets on NextDoor and throws a fit about something or other, with some regularity. So she ran out, for about an hour, but she's the only one I know. (She now has a fit-throwing comrade who has been on NextDoor twice lately, once insisting that the governor needs to do something about jays, and once that she needs to do something about squirrels. I do hope the two ladies meet someday, in real life. I don't want to be there.)
Comments
Post a Comment