Gentle suggestion: You need to do something to make your links stand out more. They are nearly the same color as you normal text and there's no underlining or anything else to make them stand out so it's nearly impossible to know there's a link there. The words do change color when you mouseover, but that assumes you'd have a reason to mouseover, which you generally would *not* unless you already knew there was a link there.
Changing how links display shouldn't be too difficult in your settings...
Yes. I had to go back into the archives to look for a link I hadn't already clicked because I think your links were already changing color after they were clicked but, upshot, they are now distinguishable pre-click.
AHA. That explains it! I had changed it a while back, but I didn't know that it changes post-click. I wonder where the setting is to make it still be bright POST-click? Hmmm. Will search around. In the meantime, thank you, as always, for your gentle suggestions.
I think you misunderstood. Previously - that is, what I complained about to you in my first comment - was PRE-click, it was nearly impossible to tell what was a link - the text was nearly identical to the regular NON-linked text. But if you were lucky enough to find the linked text and click it, the linked test DID change to a different color. (The standard on the web for the longest time was unclicked link = underlined BLUE text; clicked link = underlined RED(ish) text (more purplish)- so you could tell which links you had already clicked. Regular text - black and plain.)
Nowadaze, anything goes, seemingly.
Point is, your NON-clicked links are NOW distinguishable
Gentle suggestion: You need to do something to make your links stand out more. They are nearly the same color as you normal text and there's no underlining or anything else to make them stand out so it's nearly impossible to know there's a link there. The words do change color when you mouseover, but that assumes you'd have a reason to mouseover, which you generally would *not* unless you already knew there was a link there.
ReplyDeleteChanging how links display shouldn't be too difficult in your settings...
Better?
ReplyDeleteYes. I had to go back into the archives to look for a link I hadn't already clicked because I think your links were already changing color after they were clicked but, upshot, they are now distinguishable pre-click.
DeleteAHA. That explains it! I had changed it a while back, but I didn't know that it changes post-click. I wonder where the setting is to make it still be bright POST-click? Hmmm. Will search around. In the meantime, thank you, as always, for your gentle suggestions.
ReplyDeleteI think you misunderstood. Previously - that is, what I complained about to you in my first comment - was PRE-click, it was nearly impossible to tell what was a link - the text was nearly identical to the regular NON-linked text. But if you were lucky enough to find the linked text and click it, the linked test DID change to a different color. (The standard on the web for the longest time was unclicked link = underlined BLUE text; clicked link = underlined RED(ish) text (more purplish)- so you could tell which links you had already clicked. Regular text - black and plain.)
DeleteNowadaze, anything goes, seemingly.
Point is, your NON-clicked links are NOW distinguishable
Meant to say "complained" because it was milder than a complaint, or at least that's how I intended it.
Delete