August 27, 2023: Never odd or eveN -

Scene: Alternate universe/timeline (dreamscape, natch) wherein Oregon has undergone a terrible Floridification. 

Teachers are no longer permitted to teach Sex Ed. However, in an odd loophole, students can teach Sex Ed, so long as they say all the forbidden words backwards. Thus: YAG-YAS-T'-NOD!

I am a high school senior, assigned to teach the 9 to 11 year olds. 

It's my first class. I  don't want to get extremely graphic, but I believe it behooves me, as a caring teacher, to give them a heads up about Y-TRE-BUP, which is barreling their way. I am struggling to craft my lesson, because of the backwards rule, when it occurs to me that if I say I am teaching them under the laws of our county, HAM-ON-T-LUM, it might clue them in to what the terms are that I'm saying backward!

I wake myself up laughing. HAM-ON-T-LUM!! Sounds like a foodie sandwich!

I'm blaming the New York Times Games section for this problem. I've gotten in too deep lately. Gonna take a vacation.





Comments