August 26, 2023: Travel and perspective -

I am going on a painting retreat to Italy soon - no excuse, as the teacher lives on Vashon Island, and I could have taken a class from her in Bremerton, but I wanted to go AWAY, as apparently many of us do in these lesser-pandemic days. The organizers set up a group thread on WhatsApp, and invited all of the participants to join. I think there are about twelve of us.

Anyway, last week I found a fortune in my studio (I had a stack of them, and now there are three, just another one of life's mysteries), and it seemed to me to be making a nice "perspective" joke about travel and art. I took this evocative shot of it, complete with paint smudges, and sent it to the group. 

I got a few ha-has, and a thumbs up, and a response from one person with "Who are you and why did you send me this, and stop now!"  One of the organizers wrote back to her and explained.  I'm looking forward to meeting her, and all the others.




Comments