August 8, 2020: Vaccine Tracker ...

 

Since I got all excited about the meaning(s) of “immunity,” I’m following up with a link (and it is frequently updated, too) to the CoronavirusVaccine Tracker. It’s a wonder.

You can see how many vaccines are currently being developed (more than 172 as of August 6), and how many are in each phase of testing (and you can get a clear definition of those phases). You can filter for just those In one particular phase, if you like. And then you can look at a detailed list of the vaccines and the companies developing them, grouped by how the vaccine works: genetic vaccines, viral vector vaccines, protein-based vaccines, and whole-virus vaccines. (There’s even one “repurposed” vaccine that is currently used for another ailment, but researchers are checking to see if it helps develop immunity to COVID-19.)

The Tracker is long, and It’s a lot to process – which might explain why scrolling through it is pretty cheering. Plus you get to see a lot of intriguing company names and logos, some of them genius and some so clunky you can’t believe even a committee okayed them.

I am famously not a Marketing Person (you can confirm this by talking to any of the Marketing People I ever worked with), but my hat is off to one Australian company, not because I know they’ve chosen the right route ( I don’t!) but because – in my opinion - their Marketing People grabbed such a compelling name: 

"The Australian company Vaxine developed a vaccine that combines viral proteins with an adjuvant that stimulates the immune system.”

Comments