December 19, 2022: Small Wins Are WIns -
My favorite TV show, the January 6 Committee Hearings, had a final episode today. Without new witness testimony, it was a bit bland, but the outcome was a pleasure – Trump and others referred to the DOJ. Whether anything will come of it remains to be seen, but sufficient unto the day are the small wins thereof.
Also, small wins are lots
better than nothing.
YouTube is showing me videos of terrible grunge deep inside
washing machines and dishwashers. The narrators
use the same strange phrasing, warning me that “millions of mold and bacteria”
are growing inside my own appliances. I absolutely
refuse to be cowed by copywriters who don’t know that the plural of “mold” gets
an “s.”
In other online news, I am beseeched by potential Facebook
friends, all of them male, all of them veterans, all of them using the same
line: they love my writing, and they tried to friend me but it didn’t work. They
are not real humans. I’m also getting tweets
from imitation-people. Nothing horrifying, just random stuff. Both the fake
vets on Facebook and the random tweets began right after Musk bought Twitter. I
cannot explain it; I’m just reporting.
In offline news, I get an X-ray tomorrow to see how the broken bone in my foot is coming along. I’m very hopeful that I’ll be free of the boot sooner rather than later. Wish me luck!

Don't get me started on Musk! Why do business "geniuses" believe - and promote! - the most patently idiot theories? "Prosecute Fauci"? On exactly what charge, Elon? But be sure to reinstate the guy who called for and lead the insurrection on January 6th! That's just Musk's free speech absolutism. (Pay no attention to his banning of journalists who hurt his feelings, including one who merely asked for an interview.) If Musk's secret plan in overpaying for Twitter was to tank both Twitter AND Tesla, well, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, Elon!
ReplyDelete