July 18, 2020 - I Never Thought I'd Be Saying This, But.... -
Someone started a thread on “What have you said in 2020 that
would make no sense to someone in 2019?”
There are a lot of responses along the lines of, “Where did
you find Purell?” and “I will trade yeast for toilet paper.” There are quite a few like, “I won’t hug you,”
and “How dare she try to shake my hand?”
Mine was, “No, I don’t want to carpool.” (It could have
been, “Don’t wear black downtown lest the President’s unmarked goons throw you
in a van and haul you away.” Or maybe that would have made perfect sense in
2019. I can’t remember now. Oh, look. In the time it took me to write this,
somebody contributed much the same response, but with the added tip that you
shouldn’t struggle when they toss you in the van, but should request a lawyer.)
Some of the responses are even more poignant, the missed
weddings, the drive-by graduations, “It
was a Zoom funeral,” “I don’t think you should go to school even if it does
open,” and “I’m looking for hospitals that allow visitors.”
I’m not sure which is my favorite, but I’m leaning towards, “How
the hell do I know how much plexiglass I need?” “Don’t worry about wearing
pants,” and “Where’s my good mask?”
Comments
Post a Comment