May 13, 2021: Saved by the Baaaa -
This morning, somebody posted on NextDoor that they had been Baaaa’ed, when they went out with a mask on. (Baaaa'ed as in the sound of a sheep. As in a follower of the herd. High-class wit, here.)
Twice. Baaa’ed by two different people.
So of course I started wondering what I would do if I were
Baaa’ed. On the one hand, I was convinced that masks weren’t needed outdoors,
and on the other, mask-wearing is a Portland fashion. I figured if I were Baaa’ed,
I’d be annoyed, but I might also laugh.
And then! This afternoon! Breaking News! The CDC said fully
vaccinated people didn’t need to wear a mask outdoors or indoors (though we
should still follow the law, and respect the rules of businesses we entered,
and healthcare didn’t count, and …..)
I went out for a long, celebratory walk. Progress!
And I was waylaid by two young sisters (masked), who had set
up a card table to sell their old plastic trinkets for ten cents apiece. Eager
to support the local economy as I am, I still didn’t want a small purple
monkey. I perused my choices, and the elder sister, trying to close the deal,
said, “We’re like Amazon – if you don’t have the money now, you can come back
with it later.”
I’m not sure if she was inventing the charge card or what. But fortunately, I had the money, and I found the perfect trinket. Lucky day, lucky die.

Comments
Post a Comment