April 11, 2021: Extroverts Gonna Vert -
The happiest person I saw this week was the guy at Office Depot. He is always outgoing, and he is an inveterate explainer. (This is WHY we are out of ink for your printer, and why EVEN HP ITSELF is out of ink for your printer, and you will be interested to learn about the whole supply chain that GETS the ink to HP….)
I said, “I hear you guys are laminating these vaccination
cards for free?” and he said, “WELL…!” And he was off, with an explanation full
of more drama than you might expect.
Bottom line: They are laminating a COPY of your vaccination
card for free, in COLOR and on card stock, because it turns out some
vaccination sites use THERMAL DATE STICKERS that TURN BLACK when you laminate,
so THAT was a disaster….
When I left with my handsome laminated card, I told him it was wonderful of Office Depot to offer this service, and he said he thought it was good for, you know, PEOPLE who wanted their cards laminated, but for him, personally, it was great because it meant that People Were Coming Into the Store Again!
So there you go. If you want to be greeted with a warm welcome, do head on down to the Office Depot on MLK after your second shot, and get a color COPY of your card laminated, for free. You can tell him I sent you.

Comments
Post a Comment