March 7, 2020: Guest Graphic, Rousing Rescue -
(Laptop in the shop and I am not a skilled phone typist, so borrowing this graphic from Bernie Sanders, with thanks.)
So many good things in the American Rescue Plan, I can’t even choose a favorite. Cut childhood poverty? Help restaurants? No, speed up vaccines! No....housing assistance! It's all wonderful.The "largest antipoverty effort in a generation."
Oh, that's right - in addition to thanking Bernie, we need to thank Joe, too.
Really glad to be a Democrat today.

Me too! I will not key on the things that didn't get in or that did but weren't all they could have been. The Ds are still in control of their own fate and the fate of the country if they do things right. There is still more to do but this is a GREAT and MASSIVE first step toward reversing the Republican stance (started by Reagan, who we need to keep reminding people was an AWFUL president) that government is the problem. It is when Rs are in control - but Democrats want to help people and nurture a just society. This is a GREAT move in the right direction and, like you, I am proud to be of the party that did it! Shame on the Rs for not wanting to help their constituents; for wanting, literally, to hurt or kill them!
ReplyDeleteYeah, that's the obverse - glad not to be a Republican today, voting against so many improvements in people's lives!
Delete