March 21, 2021: Things That Did Not Come to Pass!
A year ago, we were having a collective freak-out over the supply chain. Given that we had very suddenly run out of peanut butter and toilet paper and yeast, given that PPE masks weren't coming to us because they were needed in China, and olive oil wasn't coming because Italy was being walloped by the virus, given all the uncertainty, what might happen to everything else?
I went for a walk, and ended up having a shouted conversation with the sweet young couple across the street, him a doctor and her a high school teacher. We were discussing what we'd do if we couldn't find necessities.
Me: I KNOW people! If I need to score some antibiotics, I can score some antibiotics!
Him: I'm sorry, I don't have any.
Her: You can MAKE penicillin, you know!
We did not have to make penicillin! It could have been worse. Also, I got by on California olive oil, because I come from hardy pioneer stock.
Comments
Post a Comment