Bonus October 29, 2020: The Pew Research Center on Patience and Uncertainty

Here's a fine, wise piece from the Pew Research Center, on polling and on patience, and on what rigorous polls can tells us.  This year, especially, exit polls are going to be problematic. What the heck, let's face it: this year, everything is problematic. 

"[O]n the night of Nov. 3, Americans will be searching for hard data that may not exist. Millions of mail-in votes will need to be counted, even as exit polls – which traditionally provide important insights about where an election may be headed – will face unprecedented challenges. As Americans, we need to summon patience, accept the uncertainty of the moment and wait for election results and rigorous polling data to tell us what the voters decided and why."

I salute the folks at Pew for getting out in front of election night. Patience and uncertainty are things I struggle with, and I know I'm not alone in that. Waiting, too, for that matter. This will be an interesting ride. 

Comments