November 6, 2024: Cleanup prep -

On the morning after Trump won the 2016 election I lashed out at a couple of old friends who hated Hillary. I apologized later, but … anyway, I still miss them. A lot.

My goal on this Wednesday was not to lose anybody. So far, so good.

Sometimes I am in a state I call “not fit for human consumption,” and I go into seclusion, but that didn’t happen. I had a good run of commiserating, consoling, distracting. Some wise people offered wisdom. And I addressed two small annoyances.

I fixed the clock in my car. Be impressed. The little knob is finicky.

and

I drove over to Kitchen Kaboodle to get a plastic scraper for the cast iron pans.

(Do not plastic shame me. Not today. I mean it. I haven’t made it to bed yet, and it’s the Wednesday after Trump won. I could go off LIKE THAT.)

At Kaboodle, I saw this charming dog-peeing-on-a-fire-hydrant novelty sponge set. The place was nearly empty -- me and two angry clerks. Feelings were high in Portland today.

One clerk was nearby, and I gestured at the dog-n-hydrant sponge set and said, “Why do people want…?”

“I don’t understand people,” she said, cutting me off.

I said, “Yeah. Me neither.”

And then we just stood there for a while, not understanding people together. I think we both felt better for it, honestly.

But then she said, “I do really like these sparkly sloth sponges.”

And I said I might know a few people who needed a sparkly sloth sponge right about now.

So I bought the three pack. Let me know if you need one. I am happy to share.

Comments

  1. A, my wife, is in active hate with the whole of the Midwest and south of our country. I mean *hate*. I get that. They elected a horrible person who wants to hurt us for (rightly) disliking him and abhoring his criminality. The people *we* elect don't go after the citizens who didn't vote for them. We help them. [Look at how many MAGAt pols took *credit* for the helpful programs that resulted from the infrastructure law Biden got passed - a law that the MAGAts ALL voted against.] They elected Trump *despite* his criminality and *knowing* he will actively go after us - the good people who oppose fascism. Your reaction is understandable. I share those feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment