July 1, 2024: Cowbell envy -

Steve Bannon began serving his sentence for contempt today, said contempt being his failure to show up when summoned by Congress.  

In my ongoing quest to enjoy every small win, I'm savoring this tidbit of justice. (I broke open a nonalcholic G&T in a can in celebration, and I'm here to tell you - it's awful. But I didn't know that when I bought it, and now I do. So there's that!*)

I've never envied Steve Bannon anything, but after reading this BREAKING NEWS short, I began to wonder if my supporters would show up for me, waving flags and ringing cowbells, should I have to go to prison. 

I don't want to appear needy and greedy, nor to impugn my friends' devotion, but I'm not sure they'd do it. And I really don't think it's asking too much. 

Just please bear this in mind, should the occasion arise. 

* "That" in this case is just new information - now I know to avoid at least one brand of canned, nonalchoholic, G&T. You might think this tiny piece of information is not much to appreciate, but just today I learned that monkeys are so fond of new information, that they will give up tiny pleasures just to get more of it. I heard this (podcast, natch), and I thought: I like learning new stuff too! Any new stuff! 

For instance, yesterday, Rick was driving us home in my car, and he turned the car off but had left the window down. I said, Window's still down, and he PUT IT UP WITHOUT RESTARTING THE CAR.  I have had that car ten years and had no idea that you could put the window up when the car is off. Blew my mind. Ten years.

Comments