July 18, 2023: I Also Have Questions about Funding for the Study -
Yesterday was World Emoji Day! I should throw some emoji in here (emoji? emojis? – I don’t care, and I intend to switch between the plurals at my own whim).ππ§. That's a green heart and a wedge of cheese, in case it doesn't come through for you. No reason for those symbols. And no reason they shouldn't come through for you. Emojis are unicode, and I am told unicode is forever.
I'm a bit jumpy around emoji. I barely got my head π€ around emoticons. My chance of misusing an emoji with a dirty meaning is sky-high.
I only found out about World Emjoi Day because I was listening to a podcast. https://www.alieward.com/ologies/curiology
And the podcast factoid that riveted my attention was this:
people who use a lot of emojis in their texts have more sex than those who don’t.
Don’t look at me, it’s what THEY said. They said it on the podcast!
What they didn’t say was whether these folks are couples who
lovingly festoon their texts to EACH OTHER with buckets πof emojis, or whether
these are individuals who use a whole lot of emojis when they text, say,
everyone they know. Like my friend Jane. She says emojis are her art form, and it’s
true, but now all I can think is … wow. I
didn’t want to think wow, but now I can’t help it. Also, I have some questions
about the study’s methodology.
(The emoji-laden text is me declining an invitation to take a survey.)
(Also, the red heart with a dot under it is supposed to be a heart/exclamation point. I can't find a red heart with a dot in the Blogger menu, but they have a black one, which is named HEAVY HEART EXCAMATION POINT: ❣ The heavy heart doesn't appear in my iPhone menu, but Blogger has it. AND THEN... Blogger turns it into a RED heart when you hit "publish." Unicode is forever, but not omnipresent.)


Eggplant, peach. (It's not dirty in words.)
ReplyDelete