October 15, 2022: Suspended!
I tried to get Zoom to use a photo of me, for times when I don’t want to be on video, but I don’t want to be a black box on the screen. Zoom used to do that for me, and then it stopped, and I was trying to get it to go back to the old way, but no dice. I did, however, rouse its slumbering attention, and now it sends me emails asking if I would like to be more productive.
Hmm. I probably SHOULD be more productive. I definitely
COULD be more productive. But do I WANT to be more productive?
I don’t.
I tried to un-register for a volunteer gig, because I’d
double-booked myself. The website couldn’t believe I was canceling. Was I sure?
REALLY sure? When it finally caved, the success page said, “You have removed
yourself from your opportunity.”
This seemed like weird phrasing, but maybe they talk that
way to anyone wanting to be less productive.
Best of all - I got suspended from Twitter. Only for 12
hours, but I’m strangely proud. I got suspended for inciting violence, which in
this case consisted of me sending a little note to Nancy Pelosi, telling her I
wished she COULD have punched out the former guy, as she had hoped to do on
January 6th. We Democratic grandmas
are tough.
I don’t disagree with the anti-violent-speech rule, and I actually
hope Twitter shuts down everybody making threats, whether in solidarity and
mild jest or in deadly earnest. So I’m not complaining about the suspension,
though I hadn’t seen it coming. Anyway, I plan not to incite violence on
Twitter any more. If I can remember.
In the meantime, I’ve sent Nancy a “Well done.”

Comments
Post a Comment