5 November 2020 Bonus: Any Time at All... (buhduhDUM).... Any Time at All.... Any Time at All...All You Gotta Do Is Call....
When phones were attached to the wall, and answering machines were but a dream, the surefire way to get someone to call was to get in the shower. It was a pain, and inconvenient, and chilly if you grabbed a towel and ran to pick up before your caller hung up, but getting in the shower worked.
A friend joked that since I was 8 hours ahead over here, maybe I could just let her know what had already happened. Perfectly innocent little joke, but I thought for some reason I should sigh about how I might be 8 hours ahead, but I wasn't in the future. So then she had to explain to me that it was a joke, and I had to say I knew that, and we murdered the poor little thing. Okay, I murdered it. My bad.
BUT!
Feeling all contrite, I realized that I do have the power to bring things to a head! All I have to do is go to sleep, and give the perverse little election a way to push one more of my buttons. I can do this for all of you. It will be my gift to a grateful nation.
And no, you can't call. It's a SIM card thing. So that means this will WORK....
Sing along with me, now.
Comments
Post a Comment